give when you use our website.
Shop of Art (www.shopotart.co.uk)
Address: 29 Alpha Terrace, Trumpington, Cambridge.CB2 9HS Cambridgeshire U.K
Email address is: email@example.com
Mobile telephone number is: +44 (0)7761 908670.
Primary web address
The main point of contact for data protection matters is Diana Johnston
- What type of information we hold:-
We process the following types of personal information;
Sellers of arts, gifts or experiences –, Name, Address, Contact Informatio
- Past Sellers – Name, Address, Contact Information
- Financial Information – Buyers and Sellers – Bank Details, Payment/Card Details
- Images – Photographs of work to sell, or individuals
For more information from the ICO with examples of what personal information can be, visit
their website. (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-thegeneral-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/what-is-personal-data/)
How we get the information and why we have it
We collect your information using email, telephone and on our website. We get your
information from what you tell us and from third parties who supply your details in line with the relevant legal basis for doing so under the terms of the DPA 2018.
We need to collect or hold your information for the following reasons;
- Sellers – We manage our agreement with you, including administration of your products, payments,
- Past Sellers – We retain required financial information and details of your membership for tax and insurance purposes only
- Buyer and Seller Financial Information – only for purpose of payments as legally required
- Images – our lawful basis for holding images of individuals or displaying them on the website is for the purpose of LEGITIMATE INTEREST.
- Website User Data – We have this data to provide you with the best user experience of our website but will not include personally identifying information If you do not want to have your information used in this way, you may send an email message containing your name and postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information from the regulator on the different lawful basis under which data can be processed and stored, visit the U.K. independent authority ICO website.
What we do with the information
- We use the information that you have given us in order to;
- Manage displaying and selling your products on the website,
- Manage your interactions when a product is sold to include: buyers name, address and contact detail for shipping purposes
- Seller bank account details for payment from sales as agreed by Shop of Art
|Bank Transfer||See below||via Barclaycard or similar future|
|Credit Cards||See Below||via Barclaycard or similar future|
How we store your information
We manage our systems and processes to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored. All information is stored within the EEA. Where information is stored electronically, this is held in locations with appropriate security to limit risk of exposure through unauthorised access.
We undertake to retain your data for no longer than required either for the needs of the business for legal purposes. Our retention schedule is available on request.
When we destroy or dispose of your data we do so using appropriate and secure processes.
Your data protection rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 you have the following data protection rights;
Your right to be informed – if your personal data is being used we must inform you that we are using your personal data.
Your right to get copies of your data – You have the right to find out if we are using or storing your personal data. You may request copies of your data by using the contact details in this privacy notice. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Your right to get your data corrected – You can challenge the accuracy of personal data held about you by us.
Your right to get your data deleted – You can ask an organisation to delete personal data that it holds about you. This depends on the lawful basis under which it is being processed, refer to lawful basis for processing earlier in this privacy notice.
Your right to limit how organisations use your data – You can limit the way we use your personal data.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to get your personal data from us in a way that is accessible.
The right to object to the use of your data – You have the right to object to the processing or use of your personal data in some circumstances.
Your rights relating to decisions being made about you without human involvement – Decisions are made about you when your personal data is processed automatically. As stated earlier in this notice we do not undertake any automated decision making processing of data or any other processing without human involvement
Your right to access information from a public body – Make a request for information from a public body. We are not a public body therefore this right does not apply.
Your right to raise a concern – You have a right to tell us if you’re concerned about how we are using your data.
For more details about your data rights in the U.K, visit Your Data Matters
How to complain
If you have a complaint about how your personal data is being processed, please contact Shop of Art using the contact details given at the beginning of this privacy notice.You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF U.K. Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
This privacy notice was last updated in June 2020
According to the UK Government, the current practice, which permits personal data to flow freely from the UK to the EEA, will continue in the event of a no-deal Brexit. To this end, the UK Government’s and the ICO’s website should be regularly consulted. https://edpb.europa.eu/sites/edpb/files/files/file1/edpb-2019-02-12-infonotenodeal-brexit_en_0.pdf